The Last Mile Delivery
EDC Moving Systems closes that distance with the quality of our equipment, location of our facilities, the professionalism of our people** and the extent of our service. We can receive your products, inspect and deluxe if needed, following our Pre-Delivery/Deluxing Checklist.
EDC Moving Systems offers a system that was designed to provide rapid, predictable and safe transportation, with added services for your products, throughout the State of Texas.
**All EDC personnel are drug tested and background checked according to state ( HB705) and federal requirements.
Customer Service is one of the cornerstones of EDC’s service platform. EDC employs a team of award winning Customer Service professionals who are trained to meet your specific service requirements. Once your product is received you are electronically notified and then our Customer Service team takes over:
- Appointment scheduling.
- Customer inquiries
- Current order / delivery status (Available via the Internet) **
- Delivery tracking and troubleshooting
- Dispatch and routing
- Customer communication / issues resolution
- POD management (Available via the Internet)**
Our Customer Service team, along with our delivery teams; work together to enhance your delivery experience.
PRE-CALLS – SCHEDULING:
Customer Service will make the initial call to the customer to schedule the delivery within 24 hours of receiving the product. At the initial call the following will be determined:
- Arrange to call the customer a half hour ahead of delivery
- Inside delivery and place
- Unpacking and debris removal (room of customer’s choice)
- Stair carries
- Long carries
- Special handling for oversize / heavy product
A Pre-Call will then be made one half hour before the delivery is scheduled.
Customer Service will make the initial call to the customer to schedule the delivery within a four (4) hour time frame. The Driver Team will call one half hour before the driver arrives at the customer’s home.
EDI ORDER ENTRY:
Order entry can be automated and simplified through EDC’s proprietary distribution management system. Orders can be accepted utilizing an XML file format via email or uploading into the EDC FTP server. Orders may also be entered manually by utilizing EDC’s web-based application.
WEB BASE COMMUNICATION:
We continually reinvest in our information technology infrastructure to ensure that our clients have trouble free, anytime access to the latest real time information such as POD (proof of delivery) of shipments. Services can also be ordered through the same system without needing to pick up the phone.
- Products or orders received into warehouse
- Confirmation of deliveries or pickups.
- Customers call status
- Orders scheduled for delivery
- Items in Repair or Deluxing
Our staff will examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment. Each item will be scanned into inventory and placed in a secure location in our warehouse. That information will be confirmed with our customers.
This service includes unpacking of the product at our destination delivery terminal, close inspection, wipe down prior to delivery and repair services ranging from minor touch up to full repair. Our deluxing service can greatly diminish your return rates by ensuring your consumer’s satisfaction.
- Carefully unpack ALL products and perform a complete visual survey.
- Wipe product with a slightly dampened clean cloth. Clean glass and mirrors.
- If damage is present: determine if it is related to shipping or manufacture. Advise appropriate individuals or departments.
- Inspect finish to ensure uniform sheen and consistent color.
- Check all drawers for smooth operation by pulling out the drawer several times. It should not be required, but paraffin can be applied to wood runners if deemed necessary.
- Open and close all doors to ensure an even and unencumbered closure. Most doors are manufactured with 3-way adjustable hinges. If necessary adjust using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Prior to loading onto the truck, identify location and proper application for all parts needed for in-home delivery and set up. (Shelves, pins, etc.)
- All case goods and bookcases are manufactured with adjusters. When placing products in the customer’s home, level the product for stability. When placing a bookcase against a wall, place in front of the carpet tack strip and extend adjusters out so the unit tilts slightly backward.
- Leather goods should be dusted with a soft cloth. Keep out of direct sunlight. Scratches may be rubbed out by the heat & oils of your hand, use circular motion.
- Upholstered goods should be checked for rips or tears in fabric. Guide to cleaning comes with each unit.
- All the above inspections have been performed and product is deemed ready for delivery.
TRACKING OF ASSETS / INVENTORY ONLINE: *
We consider “Assets” as “permanent” objects that a business uses internally, such as computers, tools, or educational material. Inventory tracking refers to objects that are sold, distributed, or otherwise consumed by a company or customer. These “temporary” objects include retail items and office supplies. EDC can track both for you, but the requirements for both are very different in how they are placed and handled. We know the difference. EDC uses an on-demand solution for tracking your assets and inventory. For our customers, it is easy to use and can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Utilize existing OEM bar codes or apply your own.
- Real-time access to your data.
- Data security and reliability.
SCANNED IN / OUT: *
Our EDC tracker Inventory Systems inventories all items that arrive or depart any EDC Warehouse. We scan In/Out and we collect and store user IDs, date and time in/out of all items, locations, and quantities. In addition, EDC Tracker completes routine physical inventories, manages a perpetual inventory and tracks items checked out by employees and/or customers. Our EDC tracker system contains user-customizable fields allowing the user to specify the naming of each field using their business terminology. The software generates user-customized reports and logs that keep a history of the receipt, movement, and issuance of inventory. Products or your Inventories can be reviewed on the Internet within hours of arriving or departing our warehouse.
- Items In Warehouse
- Daily Items received.
- Items are shipped out each day.
- Physical Inventory Counts
- Warehouse location
- Orders Pending in System
FULL TIME EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES:
All moving teams are composed of employees and contractors who have undergone training and background. Additionally, all movers will be in uniform at all times.
SPRINKLER SYSTEMS/SECURITY MONITORING:
All storage facilities of EDC are protected by Fire and Burglary Protection Systems and are protected 24 hours a day and are connected directly to local police and fire departments, and are also equipped with an insurance approved sprinkler system.Some of our customers place inventory at our warehouses. This service can lower your transportation expense and can create better just-in-time deliveries.
COMPUTERIZED INVENTORY: *
One of the key elements that have allowed EDC to become a leading service provider is its superior technology. An example of this is our Inventory Management System. Through our barcode scanning technology we can provide you with real-time, web-based information of your inventory. The status of any item, or order, is just a finger touch away via the Internet. In addition this technology enables us to accurately manage your inventory while it’s in our facility.
With our inventory management system, barcode scanning technology and trained management, EDC can handle your merge-in-transit deliveries or projects. Once the product has been received in our warehouse, from your multi-vendor suppliers, their every movement will be tracked through the delivery process and POD scan. This information is available to you via our website or a website set up specifically for your use.
Some Computer programs & tracking programs may not be installed at all locations.
HOME DELIVERY SERVICES:
- Two man Delivery Teams
- Placement in room of choice
- Uniformed and trained
- Background checks and drug tested
- Cell phone communications
- POD via scanners at delivery
- Notification to customer
- 4-hour window delivery times
- Minor assembly included in rate
- Product inspection
- Reverse logistics
- Debris removal
- Up to two flights of stairs
- Saturday Deliveries
- Some items incur extra charges
Products can be shipped directly to our warehouse, picked up from an LTL carrier’s hub location, a manufacturer’s warehouse, or at a retailer’s distribution center and/or store location. Products are brought to the threshold of the delivery location, including the garage and/or ground floor.
PLACEMENT AND UNPACKING:
Upon delivery, items will be carefully unpacked and placed one time. Debris will be removed at completion of the job.
PRODUCT & DELIVERY VISIBILITY:
Some of our customers can view the status of their products on the Internet 24 hours a day. Because we use GPS tracking, the route of our trucks delivery schedule is always visible.
SET UP INSTALLATIONS:
Special training classes are conducted for all drivers, helpers and warehouse personnel on proper handling and installation procedures. At the time of delivery, our expert delivery team will accomplish all installations. We will call from the delivery site if we have problems with the delivery.
TRAINED & UNIFORMED DELIVERY TEAM:
A trained and uniformed delivery team, consisting of a driver and helper, will bring the product to your door. We are equipped to handle any product, including plasma televisions, appliances, furniture, high-end electronics, fitness equipment and much more.
The delivery vehicle is configured to ensure the customer’s merchandise arrives safe and damage-free:
- 26′ air-ride straight truck
- Pads and straps
- Floor protection items
- Moving and handling equipment to meet every need.
- Lift gates
- Barcode Scanner
SIGNATURE CAPTURE: *
The signature capture is done via scanners for our customers allowing them to have the convenience of tracking all deliveries. An email is sent to confirm who received the shipment and when the delivery was complete.
Refer to coverage map for all areas that EDC can take care of your needs.
MESSAGING – GPS TRACKING:
All delivery teams are equipped with telephones capable of messaging and GPS (global positioning system) tracking. EDC remains in contact at all times with our delivery teams.
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY:
Everything is taken care of for you. Your item is picked up from our warehouse location and delivered to the location you want. All preparations and shipping are included:]
- Scheduled delivery appointment with customer
- Trained and uniformed delivery teams
- Product placement and unpacking
- Debris removal
- Assembly and installation
TIME CRITICAL SHIPMENTS:
At EDC Moving, we understand that time is of the essence when it comes to shipping. That’s why we offer time crital shipments for those items that need to be delivered ASAP. We’ll work with you to determine the best shipping method and schedule to get your item delivered on time, every time. So whether you’re shipping a gift for a special occasion or time-sensitive business materials, you can count on EDC Moving to get the job done right.
We will ensure you that your customer will receive the shipment within your timeframe and offer a wide variety of time critical services including:
- Any speed to match your time critical freight need
- One hour window pickup / delivery
- Holidays, weekend and special hours
- On spot time critical shipping quotes
- Same day, next day, any day shipping
- Capacity when you need it
- Competitive pricing on every time critical shipment
* Not all drivers use scanners.
EDC realizes that one of the key components of a strong logistics network is our computer system. EDC has invested heavily in state of the art computer hardware and software. Some of the areas of our Information Technology investments are:
- Warehouse bar-coding and Inventory Systems
- Scanners for Deliveries
- Web based Systems
- Computerized billing systems
Our Inventory Programs Feature:
- 24/7 Availability
- Cycle Counts as Directed
- Lot Number, Serial Number and Expiry Date level tracking
- Min/Max Replenishment and item movement reporting
- Periodic Distribution and Forward Stocking Location Audits to ensure required compliance.
- Single Source for Pick, Pack and Ship
These capabilities help ensure that you have the appropriate level of inventory available to meet your customer’s needs.
Pod Via Scanner Real Time
Remote Order Entry (ASN)
EDC has developed a custom system that accepts Advanced Shipment Notifications (ASN) and provides the functionality to scan your product at receipt to our warehouse, during outbound loading and at the delivery site. The system provides shortage and damage feedback to the Logistics Management System, which can be quickly communicated to our clients.
- Products or orders received into the warehouse
- Confirmation of deliveries or pickups.
- Customers call status
- Orders scheduled for delivery
Web Base Technology
Real Time Reporting
Inventory levels constantly change, so a real time system that is accurate and easily accessible is critical. We can provide secure access to our online system that will allow you to place orders, retrieve inventory and schedule deliveries, all within an intuitive interface.
Utilizing An Xml Web Service
Orders can be accepted utilizing an XML file format via email or uploading into the EDC’s FTP server. Orders may also be entered manually by utilizing EDC’s web-based application.